Monday 12 September 2016

Gorgeously Green 2016

One of the main reasons (other than telling you all about my fave summer reads or my fave days out) for starting this blog was a document the beginnings of my natural beauty journey. Long story short - I have very bad combination skin. One day it's oily and I've broken out in spots. The next my eczema flares up, and I spend all day itching flaking skin. I am currently on steroid creams and antibiotics to try to clear it up but I'm sick to death of feeling awful to look good. I want to feel healthy inside and out.
I've started eating more healthily, when I'm back at uni I'm going to rejoin the gym (and actually go this time). I want to feel good in my own skin for once.
This weekend (the 10th to the 11th of September) I attended the 'Gorgously Green' blogging event - an event based around green beauty - with a close friend and fellow blogger Katie (from katievibes.com).
I met some lovely bloggers, all much more seasoned than I am, who were all very lovely and on the level - I had worried that I would feel out of place but I was completely wrong. 
There were four different brands speaking; Mallow + White, Evolve Beauty, Terre Verdi and Beeutiful. All four talks were informative and made me want to buy all the products! They all smelt great - I am all about things smelling good.
I love that these brands are close by to where I live, two of these are around the corner from me. Not only am I being good for my face, I'm being good the to environment. Green beauty all around!
Freebies from the event - minus a B-balm lip-balm* that my mother wanted

Once I've got some empties from the event I will post up my reviews. I am excited to try everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment