Friday 21 October 2016

Cambridge Vegan Market 2016

On Sunday, my friend Luke, went to the Cambridge Vegan Market.
We both got up, on a Sunday morning might I add, and made our way in his bright yellow Jeep towards Cambridge. From home, it took about an hour. We had aimed to be one of the first 100 there, but when we got there, it was already packed - the first 100 would have been there the moment it opened. I didn't aim to spend much money there, I was more curious as to what was going to be there - but I did end up buying some Christmas presents from Harper's Bizarre Candles. All of the candles I purchased were in their "Bargain Basement" Range, known as Harper's Experiements, which means that I can give someone a unique gift, picked especially for them, that they can't get anywhere else.

Think I'm a bit cat obsessed?
My current candle is 'Little Black Cat', it's a smell that just reminds me of sweeties/candy. It has a slight floral scent, but really it just smells edible. I usually have issues with candles giving me really bad headaches, but so far Harper's candles don't give me them. 'Little Black Cat' was given to me last year by Katie for Christmas. She's been a big fan of this brand for a while, and I'm pleased she introduced me to them.
Side note - I use the taper pictured because I am a massive pansy when it comes to fire, and don't fancy burning myself when I attempt to light both the wicks.







Love the archaic look of these tins! 



This a picture of the three candles I brought for gifts. Cobweb does remind me of a Victorian room, the smell of old books. It's an antique smell, and perfect for any 'drawing room'; in both the 19th century sense and the going to draw in a study. It's quite masculine smell, but still homely.
Italiana is a more stereotypical candle smell. It has light floral smells, with a slight citrus tang. My mother loved the smell of this one, unfortunately for her it's not staying in the house.
The last candle is Apple Charlotte, and it smells exactly like an apple pie (I assume an apple charlotte smells like this too, but I've never actually had one of those). It reminds me of my mother's apple crumbles, the smell of cooked apple with a hint of spice. It makes me hungry just smelling it. This candle is staying here, because I fell it love with it almost immediately.




This was just Luke's side of the table





After the market, Luke and I ventured into Yo! Sushi, which neither of us had ever been in before. Lets just say we spent too much money, and ate a lot off food. No regrets. After lunch, a bump into Katie and Rhys, we went on a long walk through the town centre, and a gentle stroll down the river. 
Find pictures of our stroll on my instagram, over at @kittenhannah
I look forward to going back to Cambridge soon, even if it's to gorge on sushi again. 














Have you ever attended a vegan/green market? What type of stuff did you buy? Perhaps you love Harper's Candles too and love a particular one loads. Maybe you live in Cambridge but never know the market was there! Leave a comment in the box below, and tell me about it. 








No comments:

Post a Comment