Tuesday 3 January 2017

The Year in Review - 2016

2016...what a year, 'ey? Countless celebrities have died, my degree ran into it's final year and I started to lose weight, (for real this time).
In the second half of 2016, I decided to; lose some weight, begin to use vegan friendly / green beauty products and to begin to feel happy with my body.
An extra gift for me was to become an Aunty to a gorgeous little girl called Poppy.

Losing weight was the hardest - I just couldn't work out how to shed the pounds. Without the help of my dear mother, I wouldn't have decided that the best way for either of us to try and lose our tummies was Slimming World - this is no means a sponsor for them, just me telling you all that it worked for me. I can proudly say that since the end of November, I have lost nearly a stone in weight. For me, that's an amazing amount of weight, and I am now lighter than I have been in a good few years.
On the 7th of Jan 2017 (4 days from this post) I am going on holiday for the first time in 3 or 4 years. And I am excited to show off my trimmer tummy in the bathing costumes I have. I am very excited.

I feel so much happier with my makeup choices. My face may have broken out currently (damn the weather), but the makeup I have has made my sensitive and angry skin pretty healthy. I hope that my breakouts and dry skin issues fix themselves a bit more when it gets warmer.
My fave products to date are Ooh! Cosmetics: Organic Baobab Rejuvenating Face Oil*, Dr Organic: Organic Aloe Vera Skin Lotion and Lush: Daddy-O. Review of my new favourite products is to come, don't worry - I can't wait to let you all know my faves!

This year I finish my undergrad, hopefully move onto a masters and attempt to keep dropping the pounds!
And I would love to take you to the next step of my journey.

This picture was taken during the Summer of '16, when my boyfriend
(@SilverMountMan) and I went to my family farm
How has your 2016 gone? Feeling optimistic for 2017? I'd love to know. Leave a comment in the box below! 



No comments:

Post a Comment